ZamPay an e-money service that enables Zamtel customers use their mobile phone as a digital wallet and conduct payment transactions for goods and services such as: Payments for groceries, meals at eateries, items at clothing stores and other retail places.
What is unique about ZamPay?
• The main feature of ZamPay is the Quick Response (QR) Code payment function. All that a customer will need to do is scan a retailers/merchant QR code and they will be on their way to a hassle free, cashless society.
The benefits of using ZamPay
• No need to carry cash around – secure way of handling money for individuals, Organizations and agents.
• Password/PIN protected transactions
• Money not lost in case of phone loss or damage
• No need to have bank account to transact
• Available 24/7
• Convenience of paying anywhere and at any time
• Simple & easy access to use just by downloading the ZamPay App from Google Play or App Store for IOS.
How to use ZamPay
Convert Cash into ZamPay (Cash In) ***DEMO*** Customer is required to:
Go to registered / authorised ZamPay agent or Zamtel retail outlet
Download the ZamPay app from Google Play or the IOS App Store
Provide Agent with his/her mobile number
Agent will deposit the requested amount to the customer’s ZamPay account by:
• Selecting Deposit cash
• Enter mobile number
• Enter amount
• Enter Pin
The agent will get this confirmation: You are depositing K---- to number....... Reply with:
Select 1 Accept
Confirmation sms’s are sent to both the agent and customer indicating transaction details
Terms and Conditions
• For new customer on Zamtel, Standard KYC procedure will need to be followed for customer to have access to a ZamPay wallet.
• ZamPay is available to both Zamtel prepaid and postpaid mobile customers
• Only Zamtel customers aged 16 years and above are eligible to use the ZamPay service
• It is a requirement by law that every customer must be registered before they can be allowed to access ZamPay